Every person on the planet has the same human rights. These human rights are intended to make the world safer and fairer for all people. They are:
Respect, Accessibility, Freedom, Non-Discrimination, Participation, Equality and Dignity
More recently the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities explained how human rights relate specifically for people with disabilities.
Some of the key rights of people with a disability include:
- To make choices and express opinions
- To be treated fairly and equally
- To be treated with dignity
- To work in a job we choose and earn fair and equal wages
- To have independence, living how we want to live
- To have equal access to public spaces, amenities, travel and information.